Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 13:14:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SMTP gateway clients

> I have annex4000 term servers.  I can set a dedicated IP to a user, but if
> they connect on a term server in a different class C they get the IP but
> there is no route to it.

The best answer I get get from Xylogics on this was to turn on RIP so that
when the user dialed in, the Annex would let everything on the network see
the new route.  The problem is that it only updates every 30 seconds, so
an impatient user would hang up thinking the link was dead.  We opted to
only give out static IPs on a small hunt that resides on one annex...

Charles