Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:13:04 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sony Z505HS compatability (and 505TR parts for sale)

Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net> probably said:
> I've just managed to crack the screen on mine :/  and am wondering how
> long it took to get other people's laptops repaired and if anyone has
> had the LCD replaced and if so, how much it cost ?

I opted for buying a Z505HS for just under $2k from ubid - so, any
news on if the sound works on these under FreeBSD and X with XFree86 3 ?

I believe everything else (bar firewire) does.

This also means I have parts from my 505TR for sale;

I have a brand new unused-still-in-the-box double cap battery
(PCGA-BP52), a ~ 15 cycles double cap battery (PCGA-BP52) and a 2
battery charger (PCGA-BC5).

These should work with any of the non-Z 505s and the C1X.
Contact me offlist, if you're interested.

Thanks,
Peter.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu