Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 16:57:57 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        doc@freebsd.org, core@freebsd.org
Subject:   Japanese install guide?

Someone wrote a fairly comprehensive install guide in Japanese, which
I would like to include in the distribution.  The questions are:

(1) Where (which directory) should it go?

(2) What code should I use?  It can be in either JIS or EUC, and I
    prefer JIS (or is it called ISO-2022 now) because it can coexist
    with Chinese, Koreana etc. but I'm not sure whether patterns like
    "$Id" will appear or not.  (JIS uses '$' liberally for Japanese
    alphabet, and the file will look like, e.g., "$O$8$a$K".)  What
    patterns should I watch out for?

Thanks
Satoshi