Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:14:54 -0600
From:      "Christopher C Parrish" <christopherp@ceconet.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   A Newbie Question

This may need to be in the Question list, but, I am a Newbie looking for
guidance.  I am getting ready to start a small company.  I do not have the
money for the licenses needed for Microsoft Products.  I have several
computers that I will be able to upgrade and use as is without the need to
purchase new ones.  The machines are all PPros with 128 megs of ram and 4
gig hard drives.  I have just purchased a Box Set of 4.4 along with the
Toolkit and Greg Langhey's Book.  I have also purchased Mrs. Anderson's Book
as well.  Will these two books be everything I need to setup my LAN for
everybody to be able to get mail and surf the net from time to time?  I have
enough extra machines, I think, to setup various servers if needed.  If I
need to setup multiple servers, which ones will they be and why will I need
them?  The ones I think I will need are a firewall and a mail server.  I
will be doing all of the setting up and testing myself at home before I take
the system live at the office.  The main reason for me using FreeBSD in this
application is that I have read that it is Bomb Proof.  It may take some
doing to learn BSD, but it is worth the time.  Again, thanks for your time
and if I posted in the wrong list, my apologies.

Christopher Parrish