Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:52:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        kallio@cc.jyu.fi
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  BusLocig 960 or other RAID support in FreeBSD/Linux?

> Just heard, Adaptec 3490/5490 (?) RAID0-5 card is not supperted in Linux
> or FreeBSD (the RAID option is not supported, the card can be used as a
> group of 2940 cards).
>
> Is there any low-priced RAID cards supported in FreeBSD/Linux? Someone
> working on some cards?

I think DPT is you're best bet for hardware RAID for both Linux and FreeBSD.
I believe there is support for some DPT RAID controllers in Linux.  The
author (Michael Neuffer) of the Linux DPT drivers, supposedly has rewritten
the driver for the new line of DPT RAID controllers for FreeBSD.  I think
he's know trying to port this newly rewritten DPT driver back to Linux.

I believe Simon Shapiro (Shimon@i-Connect.Net) was working with
Michael Neuffer on the FreeBSD DPT driver.  You might want to contact
him or Michael privately to see what state the driver is in.

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org