Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 1996 09:13:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        jdp@polstra.com, bmk@transport.com
Cc:        "gary.corcoran" <gtc@aloft.att.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound Blaster 16 PnP

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, gary.corcoran wrote:

> =One other thing: the card isn't recognized under Windows 95 either,
> =unless I load the Intel ICU device driver (for DOS).
> =
>
> If your motherboard does do this, then it appears that you are "stuck"
> until if/when the OS (FreeBSD in this case) properly handles PnP
> initialization...

The big concern that I have is that, I'm not sure if you initializing the
card in DOS is *ONLY* doing the PnP init, or is it doing the PnPinit and
some SB16 specific init as well.  Has anyone gotten the SB16 PnP working
(from a cold boot), with my PnP Init code?  If not, I'll investigate what
the SB16 PnP is expecting for an init sequence, and perhaps it can be
added to the sound driver.

Sujal