Date:      Tue, 5 Apr 2005 21:17:55 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB mouse troubles

--nextPart1314896.TTiWlzKaSn

=46reeBSD 5.x has had funky issues with usb mice for as long as I've been u=
sing=20
a usb mouse with it, but since it almost works ok with the default=20
configuration, I never got around to complain about it. ;-)

However: In various sitations and configurations, USB mice are not picked u=
p.

=2D With a GENERIC kernel and all of the usb support in the kernel, usb mic=
e are=20
usually recognized on boot, but they will cease to work after going single=
=20
user and back to multiuser again. The /dev/ums0 device doesn't even get=20
removed, but the mouse is dead. Unplugging and replugging usually gets it=20
going again.

=2D With all of usb compiled as modules and usbd enabled in rc.conf, ums us=
ually=20
doesn't even get loaded, but usbdevs will show the mouse plugged in. Even=20
subsequent unplugging and replugging will not get ums loaded. Manually=20
necessary first.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org