Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 01:02:33 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: classic newbie inquiry

I never did a make, other then installing a custom kernel were I think
the procedure did call for a make. I always tried to install binaries
and avoid the "real stuff". I always used sysinstall for the ports. I
don't know how to do what you are referring to. Yet, I have been
accepted to graduate school for comp. sci. at an accredited university -
FIGURE THAT ONE OUT. ( I'm not going though ).

From my experience w/the documentation and dealing w/people at the local
Linux/bsd users groups while figuring out how to do the install and the
basic Unix I had to know, I'm pessimistic that I'll find a step by step
explanation of how to setup a web server in any one place. glad your
install went smoothly for you - for me it's gonna be a long hack - it
always is. Thanks for the encouragement.

But the gent in Australia is working on some "Pedantic" step by step
docs. That's going to be good.