Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 13:59:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.baldcom.net>
To:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, bright@hotjobs.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, joelh@gnu.org
Subject:   Re: vn subsystem

No, newfs_msdos'ing and then mounting /dev/vn0, tho wrong, would have
worked fine, and have previously. What I did later was I booted bochs,
formatted the drive from inside bochs, installed DOS, etc. And then
realized, stupidly, I couldn't mount the MS-DOS formatted drive because I
wasn't using the right _slice_; so I mount dev/vn0s1c, and it works fine
then. This is the same old problem as before... last time I saw it was
with floppy disks, and I guess I thought it didn't affect other media like
vn(4). BTW, if you didn't know, your mremap() for linux band-aid was
merged into -CURRENT.

Cheers,
Brian Feldman
green@unixhelp.org