Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:18:21 -0400
From:      "sagacious" <sagacious@unixhideout.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Peter heads back to M$FT WinBloze [support groups]

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG] On Behalf Of Dan Nelson
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 9:15 PM
To: Peter Leftwich
Cc: Michael Wells; FreeBSD LIST

In the last episode (Jul 26), Peter Leftwich said:
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Michael Wells wrote:
> > Peter, I can surely understand your frustrations.  I have has some
> > real X86 issues lately and have had to spend literally hours fixing
> > my own mistakes trying to upgrade my source.  I am getting hooked
> > on this
>
> Totally the essence of my post and complaint.  FreeBSD is superb...
> if you are comfortable in a text environment.  Can anyone out there
> among you imagine being shell-only from Feb 16th 2002 til mid Jul
> 2002?
>
> Will FreeBSD's core of developers ever leap into integrating X *and*
> a window manager (something similar to Windows)?  I surely hope so.

If you mean pulling X into the FreeBSD CVS tree and deciding on a
single window manager, definitely not.  Although if you call having an
XFree86-Server package, and over a dozen window manager packages,
selectable by sysinstall during the install process, integration, we
already have it, and have for years.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com