Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:29:27 -0500
From:      Jason Gilbert <jason@scott.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape Atlas crashes...

While working on an applet I came across a way to make netscape crash.
If you take the square root of a negative number, I assume it doesn't get
handled correctly and crashes.  This works under Solaris and Win95.
Now, my question is:  Is this a problem with Netscape or FreeBSD.
I remember the thread that talked about using the GNU math interface to replace
the one in FreeBSD.  Could someone who has made this change try out my applet.
The address is http://www.homewood.net/java   To get the proper result type
0 1 2 -7 3  for the coefficients.  This crashes on my machine.

BTW,  I have netscape set to open a local file when I first start it.  This was
working fine until recently when it started claming that the document was server
parsed html????

thanks,

jason