Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 1995 01:14:40 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why Linux? (fwd)

> Personally, I'd like to see this information used for a "FreeBSD Partners"
> page,

Seems a good idea, (a "FreeBSD Partners" page),
A web page of hypertext links could promote both FreeBSD & the individuals
& companies who work commercially in the FreeBSD area :-)
An upmarket Web version of the gcc SERVICES file concept :-)

Another idea I'd like to see (& would be prepared to edit up initially)
is a `mug shot list'. with a page of freebsd names & faces
(nothing else, in alphabetical order),
with maybe 3 URLs per line:
	face, email, web home page,
& not just for core people, but to include other well known FreeBSD people.

We've got a FreeBSD meeting coming up soon in Aachen Germany (2nd & 3rd Sept)
if we had a web page of faces, I'd take it with me on the train,
to recognise folk with (final destination is out of town, I may be able to
offer lifts, as I'll have use of a car in Aachen.

Julian
---
Julian H. Stacey	Email: jhs@freebsd.org	Web: www.freebsd.org/~jhs/