Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:24:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Dom Mitchell <dom@phmit.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, Igor Roshchin <igor@physics.uiuc.edu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syslogd and syslog.conf

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Dom Mitchell wrote:

> There is a *lot* of stuff in FreeBSD that is better than the
> ``standard unix'' equivalent.  I for one would be happy to see
> syslogd fixed in this manner.  Particularly as the proposed added
> functionality is totally backwards compatible within FreeBSD.
> Provided that we note the addition well in the release notes & man
> pages, I feel that this change should go ahead.

Agreed. No one's syslog.conf will be broken by this change, and it will
only make the program more userfriendly.

- bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com - computer horizons corp -
-  ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - BF1560  -

	"Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect
	when taken in too large quantities" -Lord Dunsany