Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 14:25:35 -0600
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP bugs in FreeBSD 2.1.5

>Ah, there's nothing I love more watching a bunch of non-release
>engineers endlessly debading the methodologies of release
>engineering. :-)
>
>Guys, this ain't Burger King.  You get it the release engineer's way
>or not at all. ;-)

And as one who has done release engineering for paying customers, I can
tell you that your methodology is hurting your ability to be taken as a
serious product rather than a hobbyist toy.

I am at this moment sitting in a client's office listening to some of them
argue that Linux is a better product to use AS A CORPORATE SERVER. Part of
their argument is directly related to their perception of the lack of
release testing.

Now, I happen to think that you can easily choose FreeBSD systems that are
superior. I would like to see that perception grow.

Remember -- Image is everything.