Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 14:46:33 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        zpit@samara.net, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, brett@lariat.org
Subject:   Re: Comtrol RocketPort under 2.2

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Michael Smith wrote:

> Peter Zhigulin stands accused of saying:
> >
> > There are two directories inside. For 2.1.5+ and 2.2+
> > So, who intersted in this driver could try it and report any bugs
> > to Amir Farah <amir@comtrol.com>. Hmmm. This driver supports RocketPort/PCI
> > also :)
>
> Is there a committer with one of these cards?  It seems criminal to have
> the driver languishing for want of someone to commit it, especially
> with an obviously enthusiastic maintainer.

I have three customers who want to use them.  But I don't have a card,
and I don't understand device drivers :-(

One customer is using one, and the kernel is not as stable as it might
have been, but I have a feeling I *might* have the 2.2 and 2.1.7 drivers
mixed up.  I'm going to grab the latest 2.1.5 driver and rebuild Dale's
kernel and see how it goes.

Danny