Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 13:28:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Lynch <lynch@cityisp.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: x-windows

the STB Velocity 128 is supported  under 4.0. You have to get the correct
monitor settings and you also have to run xf86config. It won't work
correctly until you get the settings right. Most problems I've ran into
where incorrect hsync frequencies, and then selecting the incorrect vsync.
And, selecting the wrong resolution ( I usually run at 1024x768. I've had
to select both 1024x 768 and the  next lowest res, 800x600, on some
installs, just so it wouldn't gripe -still ran in 1024, so as long as
it's working, I'm happy)
It'll get easier.

Chris