Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2013 00:01:24 -2100
From:      "Zeus Panchenko" <zeus@ibs.dn.ua>
To:        "Martin Matuska" <mm@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: what is the "correct" way to "replicate" mem stick with ZFS on it?

thank you Martin, very much

just want to be sure I understan it right

Martin Matuska <mm@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > then use the "zpool split" subcommand. If you do it this way, the new
> > pool will require a different name, so you have to rename it by
> > reimporting it under the original name (after exporting the original pool).

is it one time operation or I will need to do it each time I import
flash B (the resilvered and splitted one)

the cause of all that is just to "clone" flash drive to have just a copy
of it, so, probably dd could be enough but it is too slow ...

so, mirror/split is very nice way, I like it

--
Zeus V. Panchenko				jid:zeus@im.ibs.dn.ua
IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC					  GMT+2 (EET)