Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 17:46:51 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/15286: Fix typo and missing files in fortune(6)

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 04:10:01PM -0800, Chris Costello wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR docs/15286; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
> To: Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
> Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: docs/15286: Fix typo and missing files in fortune(6)
> Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 18:06:19 -0600
>
>  On Sun, Dec 05, 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:
>  > ! the fortunes databases (those files ending ``-o'' contain the
>
>     Shouldn't that be
>
>  .Dq Fl o

Are you asking or telling? The reason I didn't use Fl was because the
``-o'' in this context is not a command-line option, but a sub-string
in a filename.

As for .Dq, earlier in the manpage there is a quote from H. Allen
Smith and double-quotes are used there literally so I used this as a
guide to the Right Way to do things.

Which is the correct way?

>     (Your mdoc lesson for the day.)
>
>  --
>  |Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
>  |Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

PERL has been described as "the duct tape of the Internet"
and "the Unix Swiss Army chainsaw"
				- Computer Shopper 12/99