Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 23:02:23 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        ade@lovett.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A couple of brooktree/fxtv questions

Ade Lovett:
 |Randall Hopper writes:
 |>This is a feature :-)  Fxtv 0.47 grabs the mouse when in Zoom mode
 |>(e.g. vidmode = 640x480) so that the desktop can't accidentally shift on
 |>the user while they're zoomed full-screen watching TV.  The point of
 |>full-screen is to give the TV the whole screen and behave as if that's all
 |>there is, so this makes sense.
 |
 |I must be missing something here..  with fxtv-0.46 I had two options for
 |display -- a tiny window, or a medium size window (at least on my
 |1600x1200 display without any virtual stretched desktops) --
 |both sizes behaved perfectly normally.
 |
 |With 0.47, as soon as I go to the larger window (this isn't "full-screen",
 |just a quarter of my screen size in a normal X window with all the
 |titlebars etc), I lose the capability to use my mouse and do other stuff
 |in other windows.
 |
 |This seems to be a retrograde step to me.

Yeah, there's some detail here that is eluding us.  By default, ENTER (the
key you said you're using for Zoom) isn't bound to anything.  Do you have
it bound to TVToggleZoom( fullscreen ) or TVToggleZoom( window )?  Please
check your Fxtv videoWin.translations resource for this (in Fxtv resource
file or .Xdefaults most likely).

 |>Here are a few URLs I saved; may still be valid, I don't know for sure
 |>though.  You might search the multimedia archive at
 |>(www.freebsd.org/search.html) for pieces of these URLs (e.g. "dknet"), and
 |>you should pull up most of the messages you're interested in:
 |
 |Many thanks.. it's a good starting point.. I've noticed one problem already
 |though -- the radio thing works fine until I quit it and fire up fxtv.
 |When I start the radio application again, the frequencies are all messed
 |up -- ie putting in 107.1FM doesn't get me that particular radio station.
 |
 |Sounds like something somewhere isn't being fully reinitialised when going
 |from TV to tuner mode.

Ok.  You might want to relay this to Flemming Jacobsen <fj@login.dknet.dk>.
I believe he wrote the radio app.  Could also be a driver bug, but Flemming
probably knows for sure.

Randall