Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:30:40 +0100
From:      Ashley Moran <work@ashleymoran.me.uk>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jo=E3o_Carlos_Mendes_Lu=EDs?= <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SATA mirrror performance

On Sep 17, 2007, at 2:52 am, Jo=E3o Carlos Mendes Lu=EDs wrote:

>    After using gmirror, now I have the RAID in its full performance,
> getting over 60Mbytes per second at raw reads, very near the 70MBps =20=

> from
> the specs.  Could only be better if we already had NCQ working.
>
>    Now the question: Is this expected?  Is ataraid somehow deprecated?

I had no end of trouble with ataraid.  At first I was under the =20
impression it was the best solution, seeing as it has some support =20
from the motherboard.  But after posting to a list (possibly -=20
hardware) a long time ago, all the answers I got were to use =20
gmirror.  I don't know that ataraid is deprecated, but I can't think =20
of any reason to use it.  Fortunately (as you have found), turning an =20=

ataraid mirror into a gmirror is easy.  I would just use gmirror and =20
not worry about it.

Ashley=