Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:51:50 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        User questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Convert system to FreeBSD

--Sig_/uT1jGGFfeJmNMXjteGIUa6.

Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:47:55 -0400

=EF=BB=BFI have a chance to get an HP Envy with 32.0 GB memory, 64-bit syst=
em with an
Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz. I can get the unit for free at
a fire sale (long story). It is using the Intel=C2=AE Rapid Storage Technol=
ogy
software with RAID 5 with three 1,863 GB HDs. This is currently being run on
a Win-8.1 system.

If I wanted to turn this into a FreeBSD machine, and I am not even sure if
all of the hardware in this unit is supported by FreeBSD, how would I go
about duplicating this setup? Obviously, the Intel software would not work
under FreeBSD. What would/could I use to replace it with the same
functionality?

--=20
Jerry