Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 18:10:10 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 splits with Opengroup

My impression from the descriptions I read when I was DL XFree86 3.3.1
sources was that their (TOG) roadmap was heading towards more
integration in 6.4 with the commercial SYSV implementations. It was
obvious to me then that this would happen sooner or later, because it
was almost baldly stated. If you look at TOG participants, they're
mostly from commercial UNIX, not academia or freeware. When MIT passed
the baton to TOG, the writing was on the wall.