Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:40:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/35903: physio(9) does not have an AUTHOR section

The following reply was made to PR docs/35903; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org>
To: Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:33:09 +0000

 Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com> wrote:
 > physio(9) lacks an authors section, I think that about
 > 90% of the man pages have this section regardless...  Awhile ago Hiten
 > wrote/rewrote/fixed this man page, I think he should at least be listed
 > as an author or an authors section added with a (revised by) comment.

 The normal way to credit this kind of submission is to list the
 submitter as such in the commit log.  For some reason (probably
 forgetfulness), joe didn't do this.  This can be rectified by a forced
 commit log if people think it's a big deal, but I think it's somewhat
 too late for that.  I also don't think it's appropriate to add every
 submitter to the AUTHORS section (please don't take this to mean that
 I don't appreciate the contributions), esp. when the original author
 didn't add himself, but I won't fight over this issue.