Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:22:04 -0500
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@sremick.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk1.4.2: plugin & javaws users feedback request

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:32:59 +0200, Alexey Zelkin wrote:

> If you are using jdk1.4.2p5 and also use plugin and/or javaws, then
> I would ask you send me your feedbacks (positive and/or negative) about
> their correctnes and functionality.  I am not using them heavily, so
> not able to test them a lot.

About my only use for Java is the plug-in. I use Firebird 0.7 on FreeBSD
5.1-RELEASE.

It works fine most of the time but a glaring problem I've had is with Yahoo
chat. Anything you do in Yahoo's Java-based chat system that pops up a
window crashes Firebird. This wasn't a problem with JDK 1.3 (had its own
quirks, but nothing this severe).

It's pretty easy to reproduce (as easy as entering a chat room and
double-clicking on someone's name to pop up an info box, or clicking on the
button to pop-up the color picker for your text) but I'd be happy to help
with the diagnostics if you tell me what you want me to try.