Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 1997 19:50:42 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/2738: Kernel crashes when you mount more than one device on a mount point (oops!)

J Wunsch writes:
> As Zach Heilig wrote:

> > >Synopsis:       Kernel crashes when you mount more than one device on a mount point (oops!)

> That synopsis is wrong.  The kernel perfectly groks mounting more than
> one resource on a single mount point.  It behaves as expected then:
> you can only access the last mounted resource, everything else is
> shadowed.

Oh foo... I thought I'd done something nasty wrong.

> > I mounted devfs on /mnt,...

> Ah, therein lies the rub.  Devfs is not yet ready for the masses, and
> it's an open secret that trying to umount it crashes the system (or
> hangs rock-solid).

Ok, if it's devfs's fault, and it's already being worked on, go ahead
and close the pr.  I just didn't like getting a cold boot after trying
to umount...

--
Zach Heilig (zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com) | ALL unsolicited commercial email
Support bacteria -- it's the only         | is unwelcome.  I avoid dealing