Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:45:25 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, java-port@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDK1.1.7.V98-12-21 released

> Nate, your previous post alluded to a 1.2 port .... I'm extremely
> curious now, is there any real chance of that?

Yep.  Now that JDK1.2 is released publically, Sun is making the source
available.  I have my copy, but I haven't even looked at it.

> I thought Sun hadn't
> been willing to release the sources.  Is there any guesstimate on how
> long that might take (correct to the nearest quarter, I'm not trying to
> pin anyone down).

No clue.  I know of another porting project for FreeBSD as well, so
maybe that one will get off the ground quicker.  I would hope to have
something out by late next quarter, but I've been terrible at making
dates.

Nate