Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:52:06 +1000
From:      "Andrew Reilly" <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: People running with LOCALBASE set to something other than  /usr/local?

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 10:54:44PM -0700, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
> However, note that you need to move LOCALBASE and X11BASE for *all*
> ports, not one.  (For instance, you can't expect an emacs-lisp package
> to install correctly if you just try to move it while emacs is still
> in /usr/local.)  Set LOCALBASE and X11BASE in /etc/make.conf and
> rebuild everything, including X.

On the subject of rebuilding everything, is there a tool that
will build a dependency-ordered list of all of the ports that
are currently installed (or at least the current version of
them)?

I've been thinking that it would be a nice housekeeping
proceedure every so often to move /usr/local aside, and rebuild
all of the ports that I use, after a successful build of world
and kernel.

At least that would help to keep track of things that I've
gratuitously added to /usr/local, outside of the ports
mechanism.

--
Andrew