Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 02:18:26 -0500
From:      Justin Wells <reader@semiotek.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: jdk1.2

Hey Nate,

These questions about JDK 1.2 are only going to increase in
frequency as people begin to use it on other platforms.

It might be an idea to include some porting status information
on the website. Right now it doesn't even mention whether a
JDK port is underway. I know it is from reading this list,
but it'd be nice if I could check the status now and then just
by hitting a URL.

This is going to be especially important since the license for
JDK 1.2 sources doesn't allow you to release a version until it
meets all the compatibility tests. So there will be a longer
than usual delay before a release makes it out the door, and
people are likely to get a bit antsy waiting for it.

I know I will :-)

A web page saying, "Keep waiting, we're working on it" would
give me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Justin

PS: Great work!