Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 1995 15:57:08 +0100
From:      petzi@zit.th-darmstadt.de (Michael Beckmann)
To:        Leo Papandreou <leo@rur.com>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Barracuda woes

>My Barracuda just quit on me today taking a large chunk
>of this month's work with it.
>
>Major, heavy-duty sigh.
>
>Can someone with a similiar experience tell me how seagate
>was able to miraculously restore their data. Please.

I heard about companies specialized in this. They take the disks out of the
damaged drive (in clean rooms) and place them in a new drive, for example.
They can also recover disks from burnt computers etc.

I have no addresses, though.  Sometimes there are advertisments in "Byte",
I believe. And I'm sure, that service is expensive.