Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 00:13:19 -1000 (HST)
From:      David Langford <langfod@maui.net>
To:        bright@rush.net (Alfred Perlstein)
Cc:        philip@adhesivemedia.com, jonc@pinnacle.co.nz, sos@freebsd.dk, danielh@privat.toplink.de, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache/PHP/Oracle8...

>The problem was that Xi Graphics made a FreeBSD port of CDE, it sold
>_one_ copy.  CDE sucks, Oracle doesn't.

You mean I am the ONLY person who bought that.. Wow...

>Y'know what don't auto email them, just keep track of people that
>sign the "guestbook of people that want oracle for freebsd".

Another thought might be to get that word out that the
Linux binaries do run under FreeBSD.
In the short term these companies could list FreeBSD when they
have a web site with pulldown platform choices.
While I would prefer a FreeBSD binary, a Linux binary is sometime OK
but I would like the company to know that I use, recommend and purchase
FOR FreeBSD.
I am sure that compaines keep track of the platform download choices
and I wish I could "vote" for FreeBSD in this manner.
I really detest download site with platform pulldowns like this because
I feel like I am "voting" for Linux when it is the only choice given
to me.

-David Langford