Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 02:27:27 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>, newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Don't log onto current.freebsd.org...

Donald,

I'll take you up on that offer.  Over the next couple weeks I'm going to
read the FAQ and handbook VERY carefully, find out which sections need
beefed up or are "under construction" that I think I could contribute to,
and will write some documentation if I find anything.  You *will* have to
convert to SGML for me... let me know which you would prefer, plain ASCII
text (DOS format, not Unix) or MS Word 95 (= Word 6 AFAIK) format.  I could
even contribute in straight HTML if it would be easier for you to re-markup
the material that way (I know SGML is a superset of HTML).  Please let me
know, as I will be beginning this project soon.

I might also consider writing an "Absolute beginner's guide to installing
FreeBSD" for those coming from the DOS/Windoze world who are used to
handholding, detailing my experiences, what kind of gotchas I've found are
in SYSINSTALL, etc).  What do you think of that idea?  Seems to me that
could be something REALLY useful for many, and I would even be willing to
post it to my website as well as maybe having it on the FreeBSD site
somewhere.

Tim

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.