Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:29:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Kurt@OpenLDAP.Org, chuckr@mat.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changing sh for compatibility sake

Okay, let me clarify this: not a _single_ script I've ever run into, which
uses /bin/sh, breaks whenusing the Korn shell. I have received word from
the team that there currently is a bug that (when in Korn mode, no run as
'sh') ((command ); (othercommand)) is attempted to be interpreted  in the
same manner as (( a = b + c )). This is the Wonrg Way to do this anyway,
since there should be spaces between the parenthases.... He says that in
some way Netscape makes use of these, I'll have to look for that. A new
release should be out soon, and the ((l);(l)) bug will get fixed soon as
well.

Brian Feldman