Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:26:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      Virtual Bob <hey9811@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE list <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: installworld failes at "bin/cat"

> > ===> bin
> > ===> bin/cat
> > install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   cat /bin
> > /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/libexec/elf/strip: /bin/stjr6327: Operation not
> > permitted
> > *** Error code 70
>
> It looks like you have schg on /bin (the directory).

Yup, I sure did. Son of a gun... Didn't know it would cause problems. I
actually remembered to do noschg on /bin/* and /sbin/* before
installworld, but didn't change the flags on the directories themselves
thinking that wouldn't be a problem. Rats.

------------- clip here with virtual scissors --------------