Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 17:25:47 +0100
From:      "Theodore Rush" <thrush@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.1 Reboots

Hello everybody,

This is a little involved so I'll try to brief:

Basically I was using FreeBSD 3.0... (because I needed some of the features
ASAP)
I sat on this version for quite some time ... and yes I got attacked using
the exploit:
"IP fragmentation denial of service" ... well so we believe... The machine
would reboot every couple of hours.

So I upgraded to FreeBSD 3.1 - 10 days ago .... then nothing.... no problems
for 10 whole days!!!

Now as of 50 minutes ago ...suddenly the machine REBOOTS.

Any ideas?

Regards

Greg