Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:56:12 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Lars Engels <lme@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

On 2008-01-18 17:27, Lars Engels <lme@freebsd.org> wrote:
>On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 03:34:33PM +0100, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
>> If you mean by disconnected the people who appear once and ask
>> something that can be answered by telling them to read a certain
>> chapter in the handbook or one of the 120 HowTos we have written and
>> collected (I have offered to the doc-mailing list to translate some
>> to English, but that has been ignored),
>
> Why do you need to ask first? Do you think that it would have been
> rejected if you presented a translated version?

Fair point.  I think that 120 'article-like' additions to our existing
article collection stand a pretty good chance of including a *lot* of
useful material.

It would be a bit silly to reject an offer like that because it was
written by 'disconnected' people.

Dominic, if you get some (or evel all?) of these howtos translated to
English, I offer my help to get them integrated into our doc tree.

- Giorgos