Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 11:21:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Russell D. Murphy Jr." <rdmurphy@neale.econ.vt.edu>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Cc:        rdmurphy@mail.vt.edu, emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: libncurses.so.4?

According to Marcel Moolenaar (May 27, 1999):

| Hmmm. Did you do anything special to get them run? I, for example have
| realplayer and acroread from the ports installed without any problems. I'll
| try Netscape here right now.

Well, I confess I did *not* re-install acroread or netscape.  Neither
did I re-install stata, but stata didn't require any particular
(FreeBSD) installation (but does require that /usr/local/stata be in
your command path - see below).  Invocation of (old version) of stata
under linux_lib was (from tcsh command line): stata.  Invocation of
(old version) of stata under linux-base was (from tcsh command line):
stata.

| Hmmm. I got these errors while working on Oracle. It is caused by some
| FreeBSD/Linux mixup.
| Can you check if you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your env?

knock [rdmurphy]% setenv | grep PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib/rvplayer5.0
XNLSPATH=/usr/X11/lib/X11/nls
PATH=/home/rdmurphy/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/stata
MANPATH=/usr/share/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/X11R6/man

| Just to make sure: Did you rm -rf /compat/linux after you removed linux_lib
| and before you installed linux-base? I want to make sure you didn't leave
| anything behind.

Actually, I did pkg_delete linux_lib-2.6.1.  Not a good idea?

Thanks for your help.

Russ

-----
Russell D. Murphy
Department of Economics
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
3034 Pamplin Hall
Blacksburg, Virginia  24061-0316
(540) 231-4537
rdmurphy@vt.edu