Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 13:57:58 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Ade Barkah <mbarkah@hemi.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   rlogin on illegal port

Hello,

One of our FreeBSD 2.0.5 machines showed the following within
the console messages:

(date) (time) (hostname) rlogin [3643]: usage rlogind [-aln]
(date) (time) (hostname) rlogin [3643]: Connection from 128.x.x.x
                                        on illegal port

What exactly does it mean and do we need to be concerned about
this ? Seems like someone ran a probe on us or something.

Thanks in advance,

-Ade
ps. incidently, the machine which initiated the connection looks
like another FreeBSD machine.
Inet: mbarkah@hemi.com - HEMISPHERE ONLINE - www: <http://hemi.com/>;