Date:      Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:45:43 +0100
From:      gwk@rahn-koltermann.de
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Eclipse 3.1.1 on FreeBSD 6.0: weird window sizes, empty dialog

Hi,

I just installed FreeBSD 6.0-R and tried compiling Eclipse 3.1.1 from ports (i.e.
I used the HEAD version of the Eclipse port on top of an installed 6.0-R).  I used
jdk15.

I had to build WITHOUT_CAIRO (no big deal).

The resulting Eclipse does work, but some status windows come up much too large.
E.g. the progress bar during Eclipse startup is about 1000x800, maybe, when it
should only be rather narrow, say 600x200.  There seems to be a general problem;
the dialog for filtering build problems is also rather large ==>*and completely empty*.  That's true, the dialog is empty and I cannot enter anything :-(

Has anyone of you seen this before?  Would it likely be caused by running
the HEAD version on an older GTK (6.0-R has gnome 2.10, head expects 2.12)?
Or would it likely be caused by running Eclipse with jdk15?  I didn't compile
jdk142 yet, it'll take some time...

--
Regards,
Georg.