Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:35:10 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Richard Stanaford <rsstan@yahoo.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Assembler probs and 4.1-RELEASE...

Richard Stanaford wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I saw a message posted earlier regarding assembler problems while compiling
> BIOS code either during a kernel build or a Buildworld.  I too am having such a
> problem.

All you have to do is follow the buildworld, buildkernel,
installkernel, and etc. sequence. If you had been following stable
like a good boy you would have seen the 1000's of messages about this.

On 7/7 O'Brien changed the binutils and the way you make your world
and your kernel changed at that moment. You can't expect to cvsup and
do the config, make depend, and etc sequence.

I just finished cvsuping and have done a buildworld and buildkernel.
What is there works.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/bomber.jpg