Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:59:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dominic Caffey <dcaffey_fl@yahoo.com>
To:        Newbies FreeBSD <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Drivers floppy for FreeBSD 4.10 - Need xl(4) driver to do FTP install...from floppies

Dear FreeBSD Newbies,

     I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.10 via FTP.
 I downloaded the fixit, kern & mfsroot floppies
and feed them to the machine as they're
requested.  Problem is that when I get to the
kernel modules configuration, there is no driver
for my network card, 3Com3c905 PCI.  I checked
the hardware notes at
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.10R/hardware-i386.html
and
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=xl&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+4.10-RELEASE
and the card I'm trying to use is definitely
supported but I see no way to make it available
to the installation process and I couldn't find a
drivers floppy for the 4.10 release.  How do I
make the "xl(4)" driver available to the install
process?  A little guidance or referral to a faq
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dom

=====