Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 1997 10:22:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Jolley <doug@bigwheel.net>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   More UUCP woes

I'm trying to setup a FreeBSD box to handle Internet mail
via a UUCP connection to an ISP (the Host).  I've setup
UUCP on the FreeBSD box.  When I send mail to an account
on the FreeBSD box, the Host dutifully queues it for delivery.
I know this because I have a shell account on the Host and
I can verify its queued status using uustat.  When I call
into the Host from the FreeBSD box (using uucico), the mail
is picked up.  How do I know that?  The log on the Host
indicates it, there is no longer any outbound mail queued
for the FreeBSD box on the Host, and if I send a long message,
the modem connect time is much longer than it is when no
messages are queued.  In short, I'm strongly convinced that
the queued messages are getting transferred from the Host to
the FreeBSD box.  The problem is that I can't seem to figure
out where they're going.  The mail is not received by the
addressee.  If I use find to search the entire system for files
that were created today, there is none that I can't account
for (i.e., nothing that could be the missing mail).  Can
anyone help me figure out what's happening to these messages?

Thanks for any input.

     ... doug
Doug Jolley    mailto://doug@bigwheel.net     http://www.bigwheel.net
         Don't bogart that file, my friend.  Net it over to me.