Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:29:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ARRGH!  NUM-Lock!!!

Heya folks,

I got a real polite email from John Polstra yesterday asking me how to
change video modes on the TP560 -- you know, the ol' <CTRL>-<ALT>-<PLUS>
thing.  "How do you do it?", he queried?

D'uh.  I can't figure it out.  It seems like somehow I need to turn on the
numeric keypad on my thinkpad, which is done via a <Shift>-Scroll-lock.
This turns the middle portion of the keyboard into a keypad, replete with
the "-" and "+" keys.

We don't have this feature in FreeBSD, so I can't figure out how to
twiddle the video resolution without changing XF86Config.  This would be a
real handy feature for those folks with an external monitor -- there's
enough video memory to run at 1024x768x8, which is pretty nice.

Anybody figure out a secret combination to get around this?

Brian