Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 1996 23:47:14 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org>
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans), hackers@freebsd.org (hackers)
Subject:   Re: reported disk corruption

> 	I then (W)rite it out, and switch to the partition ed.  There I
> 	mount the existing partitions, and add the new part., which I decide
> 	to mount as spare.
>
> 	I write out the changes, and *WHAM*, sysinstall dumps core.

I know, and I know why it's happening (it's actually probably not what
you think).  In setting out to fix it, however, I needed to started
modularizing certain parts of sysinstall which are poorly modularized
and, after going about 2 days into that work, I realized that I was
effectively duplicating the work I already had going in parallel with
"setup", so I canned the sysinstall hacking and went back to setup
with a greater committment to getting it to BETA status, where one
could actually install a system with it.  I'll make no predictions,
but I can say that it's my #1 project at the moment.

					Jordan