Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:44:02 -0800
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        nik@freebsd.org, bradyn@maths.tcd.ie
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   docproj port problem

I think there's a problem with rev 1.36 of ports/textproc/docproj/
Makefile, which was submitted as PR 29153.

I'm trying to do an install of the textproc/docproj port onto my 5.0-DP1
testing machine, which has never had teTeX or any of the docproj
toolchain installed on it.

If I do "make JADETEX=yes" on the docproj port, the Makefile tries to
invoke kpsewhich to add a value to RUN_DEPENDS.  Alas, kpsewhich is a
part of teTeX, which isn't installed at this point.  As a result,
jadetex won't get built as one of docproj's dependencies.

Chicken, egg.

Ideas?

Bruce.

-----

tomcat:docproj% sudo make JADETEX=yes WITH_OPENJADE=yes install
Password:
===>  Extracting for docproj-1.9
>> No MD5 checksum file.
===>  Patching for docproj-1.9
===>  Configuring for docproj-1.9
===>  Installing for docproj-1.9
kpsewhich: not found
===>   docproj-1.9 depends on executable: instant - not found
===>    Verifying install for instant in /usr/ports/textproc/sgmlformat

... continues ...