Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:48:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Webster <andrew@guardian.fortress.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   INN/CCD Question

I am happy to report that ccd/inn is a great combination and has been
running with excellent results since I implemented this.

However, I have two small memory related problems when the system intially
boots.

The system is running on a P233 with 128MB ram and a 18GB ccd array for
the spool on 2.2.5-Stable.

During the boot, the fsck -p can't fsck the ccd because of a memory
allocation problem.   I've made sure that the swapon -a and the ccdconfig
take place BEFORE the fsck.  If I run fsck by hand in the shell, it works
fine though.

I have a similar problem when inn starts (rc.news run from rc.local), it
cannot malloc enough memory, but if I run rc.news by hand from a root
shell, it works just fine.

Are these 2 problems related, and what do I need to tune to fix them?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Webster                              andrew@pubnix.net
Key fingerprint =  CF E8 16 B8 A6 DB E3 C9  83 E7 96 24 25 58 15 6E
PubNIX Montreal    Connected to the world   Branche au monde
P.O. Box 147       Cote Saint Luc, Quebec   H4V 2Y3
tel 514.990.5911   http://www.pubnix.net    fax 514.990.9443