Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 12:30:03 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD current users <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Thanks, Core Team

: > -committers is a notorious unproductive and flame-prone place to
: > discuss code removal.

I have to ***STRONGLY*** disagree with this sentement.  -committers
has been, at times, flame prone.  However, many times when I have
asked for feedback in -committers there is enough good information
generated, even if there is some flamage.

-current is by far much worse than -committers.

Personally, I think that *ANY* major changes should be talked about in
at least -committers.  It is a small enough group to have a high
enough signal to noise ratio, and a large enough group to get a
meaningfully good responses.

And if people start to flame or get off into the weeds on -committers,
then other committers should tell them so.

Warner