Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 1995 17:10:13 -0700
From:      jkh@violet.berkeley.edu (Jordan K. Hubbard)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org

From: Alexey Demianenko <a.d.@brc.minsk.by>
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Subject: Re: SLIP with dynamic IPs
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 17:18:00 +0300

Hello !

On 16 Jul 1995, Jon Jenkins wrote:

: >> It can be found at this site:
: >>     ftp.rz.tu-clausthal.de    in    /pub/unix/tuc
: >>
: >> Filenames:
: >>     bsddip-1.01.ReadMe
: >>     bsddip-1.01.tar.Z
: >>
:
: If someone gets this they might put it on one
: of the bigger sites. It is almost impossible to
: get onto this machine (it has a limit of 3-5 non-
: german ftp users). After 3 hours of trying Ive
: given up for the moment

Guys, I don't know you're talking about :) . After 3 days
of unsuccessful ftp'ing to ftp.rz-tu.claus.... I've
write my own sliplogin command. I can suggest some patches
for it.

That is more flexible than old one. You'll can
assign with it both static and dynamic IP addresses.
This is just a patch for /usr/bin/sliplogin of
FreeBSD 2.0, so I didn't make special READMEs and
Makefile. Little 'slip.ttys' file example only.

Try ftp://brc.minsk.by/pub/unix/sliplogin.tgz

Best,

 Alexey Demianenko
______________________________                sometimes it's hard to see
 Voice/Fax: +7 (0172) 206134                  the things you want in life
 e-mail   : a.d.@brc.minsk.by                 come and go so easily