Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:38:04 +0200
From:      lukas@razik.de
To:        anton@nikiforov.ru
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GDT6527 RAID controller & FreeBSD

Hi!!!

Many thanks for your fast answer!!!
I'm not really sure that "any controller" will work...

Because in the manpage of the iir driver:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=iir&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+5.2.1-RELEASE

is written: "and all versions of the ICP Vortex controllers (including FC)."
I think FC stands for Fibre Channel like your controller but the GDT6527 have no FC...

Does this "including" mean:
- all controllers with and without FC or
- all controllers with FC???

I hope that it works otherwise I will have to try the vortex driver and the GDT6527RP...

Kind regards,
Lukas