Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 2008 22:28:52 +0100
From:      Scott M <scottm.123@hotmail.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Currently available internal PCI hardware modems?

>> we use a USR 5610C A follow-up, for the benefit of anyone else reading t=
his: after extensive research, the above seems to be the only genuine hardw=
are, controller-based internal (PCI) modem currently (April 2008) in produc=
tion.  The problem (from my point of view) is that it's only available reta=
il in the Americas, not Europe.  (nb USR (U.S. Robotics) will supply bulk p=
acks to OEMs in Europe, but I can't find any way to buy just one modem!) Ev=
erything else on the market, at least in UK, seems to be a controllerless m=
odem (or winmodem, or softmodem).  Note in particular the following models,=
 which I list to help others because they claim to be "hardware" but aren't=
:- Sweex CA000010- Dynamode GM-LM56PCI/H- Zoom 3025CF Some of the Creative =
"Modem Blaster" products are apparently hardware modems - but some models i=
n the range are controllerless.  As it's now a discontinued line, it's hard=
 to find info on which is which. ... Or if you know different to any of the=
 above, please tell me! So my final request is: if anyone knows how/where I=
 can buy the USR product in UK, please let me know!
=20
Thanks and kind regards,
Scott
Welcome to the next generation of Windows Live
http://www.windowslive.co.uk/get-live=