Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 22:10:19 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        mishania@demos.su, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2.1 - rumours?

David Greenman stands accused of saying:
> >But this is frightening ;-( Reminds Mr. Torvalds speed. I have to repeat, -
> >I mean no offence, since well, I personally think Mr. Torvalds production
> >is quite different opposite we have here.
>
>    You don't need to be concerned about this becoming a regular thing. It
> takes a lot of effort to make full releases, so we only do it when we feel
> it's critically necessary.

... and what you've politely omitted to mention is that it's not for lack
of effort on the part of the people making the release, but rather that
nobody, it seems, has had the _courage_ or _inclination_ to test 2.2,
all of you rather waiting until it was released.

How can anyone find/fix problems if they're not reported until after
the whole testing phase is finished?